VEHICLE No. 2 [THE BIBLE]
Have you ever learned the hard way that not changing the oil in your car ruins an engine? The oil keeps the metal surfaces in your engine from grinding together and tearing themselves apart. It also transfers heat, protects against silicon and acids, minimizes exposure to oxygen, and does a slew of other mechanical-sounding things that most of us know nothing about. According to carbibles.com, good motor oil is the “lifeblood” of an engine that allows it to function properly under tremendous heat and pressure. THE BIBLE is your lifeblood.
My son, pay attention to what I say; turn your ear to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are LIFE to those who find them. Proverbs 4:20-22 (NIV)
We live under tremendous “heat and pressure,” and we constantly need God’s Word to be the lifeblood that allows us to keep running smoothly. We need to be protected, reassured, guided, encouraged, inspired, and equipped to handle the friction and stress we are up against daily. And these are exactly the kinds of things God’s Word can provide. Here are just a few of the things God has to say about THE BIBLE’S ability to change our lives today:
- Jesus then said to the Jews who had believed in him, “If you continue in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.” John 8:31-32 (RSV)
- Don’t stop reading this book of the Law, but day and night think of what it says, so you can be careful to do everything written in it; then you will prosper and succeed. Joshua 1:8 (BECK)
- It is not the flesh that gives a person life. It is the spirit that gives life. The words I told you are spirit, and so they give life. John 6:63 (ICB)
- The Scriptures were written to teach and encourage us by giving us hope. Romans 15:4 (CEV)
- For the word of God is full of living power. Hebrews 4:12 (NLT)
Simply put, time spent in the Word of God will change your life today!
Movement Day 14
- Talk to God about the stressful areas of your life today.
- Ask God to begin changing your life as you spend time in His Word.
- Give Him permission to communicate with you today and begin setting you free in ways you have never experienced before.
- MATTHEW 14
- PROVERBS 14
- Write down one thought.
God loves you just the way you are, right here, right now. He has plans for your future, and He believes in your ability even if you don’t sometimes. Every time you spend time in the Bible, you are allowing God to change you, speak to you, and draw you closer to Him in the process. What a great journey!