Have you ever wanted to be closer to God, but just weren’t sure how to get there? Have you ever thought that someone as flawed as you might not be able to get close to God? Maybe you’ve wondered if getting close to God in a real and authentic way is even possible. Know this: God knew you would have all sorts of questions and concerns. He says:
When you come looking for me, you’ll find me. Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I’ll make sure you won’t be disappointed. GOD’s Decree. I’ll turn things around for you. Jeremiah 29:13-14 (MSG)
This devotional is all about us understanding how to move closer to God, and then actually doing it! God is omnipresent, which means He’s everywhere at the same time. Moving closer to God is about a spiritual, not a physical, journey. When you “find” God, you’re moving into a closer, more intimate relationship with Him. In the passage above, we see why this spiritual relocation is so important. God says, “When you really want to get close to Me, you can and you will. And when you do, everything about your life will change.” All of us—at some point during our lives— need God to turn things around for us. And He promises that’s exactly what He’ll do. Notice the passage says you’ll find God when you get “serious” about finding God. When we get serious about wanting to be close to God, He gets real serious about wanting to be close to us.
This applies to you today. No matter what your past looks like, no matter how close or how far from God you may feel today, God wants to be close to you. He wants to start turning things around for you TODAY!
Movement Day 1
• This is a good time to remind yourself of exactly how serious you are about pursuing God.
• Ask God to help you stay focused and intentional about getting closer to Him. • Ask God to bring you closer to Him than you’ve ever been before.
• Ask yourself about the potential roadblocks in your life. What in your life currently might keep you from moving closer to God? What will you do about those things if they exist?
• Spend some time thinking about what you’d like God to “turn around” for you today. Talk to Him about it.
• MATTHEW 1: Matthew is the first of four consecutive, eyewitness accounts of the life of Jesus. As you read through Matthew, think about the God you are moving closer to each day.
• PROVERBS 1: Proverbs was written by the wisest man to ever live. As you read through it chapter by chapter, it will give you practical life advice, which will propel
you not only toward success in life but toward an authentic connection with God as well.
You ARE moving closer to God today!